Sunday, April 13, 2008

Walking backwards off a cliff...






Surely all humans are born with the instinct to not walk off a cliff backwards. It is a very basic survival rule - passed down from caveman days. So when Shawn's adventurous sister and her family invited us to go rapelling for D & B's b-days I was fully intending to join only as the photographer. It was great fun watching everyone else defy gravity and literally walk backwards down a 25 - 30 ft. cliff. It was a little different story when they insisted that I give it a try. I have some issues with heights so I couldn't even look backwards until I was safely on the ground. It was scary but after I finished my second descent I decided it was really great fun. Beats the heck out of Chuck-E-Cheese for celebrating kids birthdays.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun and memorable thing to do. Good for you for getting talked into it. I don't know if I could have been persuaded..

Melissa said...

What a beautiful place- looks very fun!