Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Public Service Announcement/ Olympic Hoopla





OK - why didn't anyone tell me that doing your own landscaping is a royal pain in the neck? It has been way more work, way more expensive, and way more dirt in my house than I had ever imagined. So I just feel it my duty to warn you that if you are considering building - just go ahead and budget that landscaping in and pay some nice professionals to do the job, or better yet, buy an existing home which is already landscaped. This is especially important if you have 4 young children and decide to have heart surgery one summer and then adopt a baby from China the next summer. You've been warned.




Oh how I love the Olympics!! This is our opening ceremonies party at Grampa and Grammy's cabin. It has been so very fun to watch the Olympics and all of the little stories about China. I'm the sentimental type who cries when they tell the personal interest stories, I cry for the winners and the losers, and I cry for the national anthem - ok, I've even been known to cry for commercials at times. I just love the whole thing - and adding the China factor has made it that much more meaningful for us this year. It motivates me to strive for greatness. I guess I've missed my chance at the Olympics (ha ha) but I intend to at least try and improve my level of fitness (or lack thereof) in the days ahead.

6 comments:

Nelson said...

I'm feeling your pain with the yard. It almost brought me to tears today.
I too love the Olympics!

Amylee said...

I hate yards. The worst thing to do is buy an already existing really old house that STILL needs a yard :o). I have loved the Olympics. Don't worry, you aren't the only one crying.

Laura said...

I think we all need to have a big "Done with the Yard" party when we are all finished. I look out at my 6 foot tall weeds and it makes me want to cry. At least some of them are sunflowers now so I can pretend I meant for them to be there. I love the Olympics as well. I have been very sleep deprived lately.

Pete and Mare said...

I am so happy that you are blogging again. Life must be somewhat evening out. Now just seems like the right time to move to one blog. You are all together now.

I have tought of you during the Olympics and wondered what you might feel. Thanks for sharing. I love the Olympics too.

I will be so happy for you once your yard is done. The best part is that once it's done it's done. Relaxation!

We keep you guys and Abby's waight in our prayers. So happy you are up and blogging again. ;)

Kristy said...

I myself have a yard full of dirt, some weeds, and not much else. I feel your pain!

Very fun family picture.

Enjoy the Olympics!

Jill said...

I think I did warn you...didn't I? If not I should have. We paid to have our last yard landscaped and it was worth every penny. Good luck with it!

It's great to see you all again - esp. love the new family photo!